“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” — Benjamin Franklin
Maybe it’s your hobby to practice survival methods, maybe you just read the latest news in today’s reality, in any of the cases you should be prepared for everything. This is why you need the SAS Survival Handbook, its the ultimate guide to surviving anywhere!
Written by John Wiseman, former survival instructor for Britain’s elite Special Air Service (an all-conditions strike force considered by some to be tougher than the U.S. Navy SEALs)
Revised to reflect the latest in survival knowledge and technology, and covering new topics such as urban survival and terrorism, the internationally bestselling SAS Survival Handbook is the definitive resource for all campers, hikers, and outdoor adventurers. From basic campcraft and navigation to fear management and strategies for coping with any type of disaster, this complete course includes:
- Being prepared: Understanding basic survival skills, like reading the weather, and preparation essentials, such as a pocket survival kit.
- Making camp: Finding the best location, constructing the appropriate shelter, organizing camp, staying warm, and creating tools.
- Food: What to eat, what to avoid, where to find it, and how to prepare it.
- First aid: A comprehensive course in emergency/wilderness medicine, including how to maximize survival in any climate or when injured.
- Disaster survival: How to react in the face of natural disasters and hostile situations — and how to survive if all services and supplies are cut off.
- Self-defense: Arming yourself with basic hand-to-hand combat techniques.
- Security: Protecting your family and property from intrusion, break-ins, and theft.
- Climate & terrain: Overcoming any location, from the tropics to the poles, from the desert to the mountains and sea.