Don’t Starve video game, is an uncompromising wilderness survival adventure full of science and magic, and in that way reminds me some of the educational elements for kids that also exists in Minecraft.
This is certainly not a new video game (since 2003), but i decided to write about it for three reasons:
- Very few people heard about it (at least on my own circles), that I feel obligated to expose this gem of a game.
- It’s an awesome game ! A game in which you just need to survive and nothing else. but it’s so hard, and requires a lot of ingenuity, and exploration.
- Its graphics are so unique and beautiful that even if you don’t love this game genre, you should still play it to enjoy its wonderful magic world.
You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world.
Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.
- Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration: No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.
- There is a multiplayer online version if you later download “Don’t Starve Together” game.
- Constant Updates: Join an active community that continues to help shape the game as new content is added!
- Dark and Whimsical Visuals: 2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.
- Randomly Generated New Worlds: Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.